Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Potential of Prayer

From the October 30th. edition of the daily emailed inspirations sent by my colleague and friend, Pastor Glen VanderKloot...

WELCOME to the daily issue of ONLINE WITH FAITH.
ONLINE WITH FAITH is a ministry of Faith Lutheran Church,
2313 Whittier Avenue, Springfield, IL, 62704, Glen VanderKloot,
Pastor.

We encourage you to worship and be involved in a local congregation.

If you have any questions, comments, or prayer
requests please be in touch with us at
pastor@faithlutheran.com
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

A Thought for the Day

In prayer the church has received power to rule the world.
The church is always the little flock.

But if it would stand together on its knees, it would
dominate world politics--from the prayer room.

O. Hallesby


+++++++++

Scripture:

James 5:16 NIV

Therefore, confess your sins to one another
and pray for one another, that you may be healed.
The prayer of a righteous person has great power
as it is working.


Prayer:

Lord, use me to transform my church into a praying,
powerful church. Let me to those who will stand with me
in prayer. Amen


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1 comment:

smitty1e said...

While I did not vote for the gentlemen, I think that the POTUS-elect needs a lot of prayer. The economic situation is a [ahem] sandwich.
May he pass on very old and grey.