Friday, December 12, 2008

"What Would Jesus Say?"

Below--verbatim--is today's emailed inspiration from my friend and colleague, Pastor Glen VanderKloot. Read the details included to find out how you can receive OnLine with Faith.

OnLine with Faith

December 12, 2008 Issue 477e
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

WELCOME to the daily issue of ONLINE WITH FAITH.
ONLINE WITH FAITH is a ministry of Faith Lutheran Church,
2313 Whittier Avenue, Springfield, IL, 62704, Glen VanderKloot,
Pastor.

We encourage you to worship and be involved in a local congregation.

If you have any questions, comments, or prayer
requests please be in touch with us at
pastor@faithlutheran.com
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

A Thought for the Day

What would Jesus say?

Letter From Jesus Christ, concerning His birthday
celebration.

It has come to my attention that many of you are upset
that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe
you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born during
this time of the year and that it was some of your
predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on
what was actually a time of pagan festival. Although
I do appreciate being remembered anytime.

How I personally feel about this celebration can
probably be most easily understood by those of you who
have been blessed with children of your own. I don't
care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My
birth just, GET ALONG TOGETHER AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Now,
having said that let Me continue:

If it bothers you that the town in which you live
doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just
get rid of a couple of Santa's and snowmen and put in
a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My
followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such
a scene on the town square because there would be
many of them all around town.

Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling
the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree.
It was I who made all trees. You can & may remember Me
anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine
if you wish:

I actually spoke of that one in a teaching explaining
who I am in relation to you & what each of our tasks
is. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1-8.

If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of
My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it.

1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to
the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of
love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly
afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell
Me all the time.

2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to
know them personally. They just need to know that someone
cares about them.

3. Instead of writing the President complaining, why
don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for
him and his family this. Then follow up. It
will be nice hearing from you again.

4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you
can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them.
Tell the children in your life the story of My birth,
and why I came to live with you down here.

Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.

5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and
forgive him or her.

6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt
to take their own life this season because they feel
so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that
person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile
it could make the difference. Also, you might consider
supporting the local Hot-Line: they talk with people
like that every day.

7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer
in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the
people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a
kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry
Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one.

8. If you really want to make a difference, help
support a missionary, especially one who takes My love
& Good News to those who have never heard My name.
You may already know someone like that.

9. Here's a good one. There are individuals & whole
families in your town who not only will have no
"Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any
presents to give or receive. If you don't know them
(and I suspect you don't) buy some food & a few gifts
& give them to the Marines, the Salvation Army or
some other charity which believes in Me & they will
make the delivery for you. Checks are nice, too.

10. Finally if you want to make a statement about
your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a
Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't
do in My presence. Let people know by your actions
that you are one of mine.

Don't forget to support your church and the people
and programs there.

My house is where my people gather to learn of my
grace and mercy.


Just love Me & do what I have told you to do.
I'll take care of all the rest. I'll help you.
And do have a most blessed Christmas with all
those whom you love, and remember .. I LOVE YOU!

Jesus


Prayer:

Father help me to focus on serving you and your
people. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen!

Scripture
2 Corinthians 9:6 NIV

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also
reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously
will also reap generously.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION

If you would like your name removed from this mailing list,
please e-mail us at olwf1@gliq.net and put
UNSUBSCRIBE
on the subject line, of course you have to
be sending from the address that you want removed.

If someone you know would like to be added to our e-mail list,
please have them e-mail us at olwf1@gliq.net and put
SUBSCRIBE on the subject line.

You are subscribed at markluth@aol.com

Your partner in prayer and mission,

Glen VanderKloot
Faith Lutheran Church - Your Church for New Beginnings
A Purpose Driven Church

No comments: