Monday, June 27, 2011

What I'm Reading Right Now

I started reading 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper a few days ago. I read it while I'm speed-walking at night. While the writing can be a bit clunky, this true autobiographical tale about the experiences of a Texas Baptist pastor who was, by all signs, dead for ninety minutes following a horrible accident, will keep you turning the pages.

When my wife and I go any distance together by car, she drives and I read aloud to her from a book that we've chosen. Right now, I'm reading Doris Kearns Goodwin's Team of Rivals, a multi-character biography involving Abraham Lincoln and his chief rivals for the 1860 Republican presidential nomination, all of whom Lincoln brought into his cabinet. I read it myself right after it was first published. I'm enjoying sharing it with my wife now.

Back in 2006, when I first read the Goodwin book, I posted this and this about it.







No comments: