Monday, April 08, 2013

Understand Easter?

We have nothing to celebrate on Easter, when Jesus rose from the dead, if we don't understand what really happened on Good Friday, when God incarnate, God-in-the-flesh, died. John Schroeder writes:
Oh how sweet grace, the grace of Easter, becomes when one truly realizes what is being forgiven. Jesus is not just forgiving me "my sins," He is forgiving me for killing Him!

What response can we possibly offer to such revelation? I am certain nothing I ever do can in any fashion merit the grace I am granted nor compensate Christ for the agony He suffered. But I must make the effort -- with the total commitment of all that I am and all that I have. Every time I sin, each slip I make, is another hammer blow on one of the spikes holding Christ to the cross - or driving the spear just a bit deeper into His side. I do not wish to be a part of that hideous scene anymore. I MUST give my all to overcome it.
Please, take the time to read the whole thing!

No comments: