Friday, January 02, 2015

New Year's Thoughts: For Anyone Who Does Wrong (Including Me)

From today's edition of Our Daily Bread:
God is still calling to people: “Where are you?” Many run away, trying to hide from Him or drown out the sound of His voice. Yet we cannot hide from God; He knows exactly where we are. Rather than hide in fear, we can respond in this way: “God, be merciful to me a sinner!” (Luke 18:13).
Read the whole thing.

I have a song containing these lines:
What I did was wrong
And there isn't any way I can make it seem that it was right
Which is why I try avoiding detection in Your light
It's a foolish game that I try to play
Running from You, when You see me anyway
What I did was wrong (1)
Thank God that the One Who sees all our wrong is willing to pardon us from the death sentence our wrong warrants us and takes the sentence on His own shoulders through Christ, setting free all who repent in Christ's Name and believe in Him as their God and Savior.

(1) © Mark Daniels [pretty impressive, huh?...I mean the copyright symbol, not the words of the song.]

No comments: