Friday, May 01, 2015

First Anniversary of My Favorite Concert Ever

I have seen Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, dcTalk, Phil Keaggy, Jimmy Buffet, Skillet, Switchfoot, James Taylor, Third Day, Elton John, Chicago, and a bunch of other people in concert over the years. But the best concert to which I've ever gone took place in a small venue called Skully's in Columbus one year ago today.

The artists were Peter Furler and Steve Taylor. Between the two of them, and often in collaboration together, the two have produced a treasure trove of great music that has helped create the soundtrack of my life for almost three decades now.  To have seen Steve Taylor, one of my all-time favorites, in concert for the first time, was incredible.

Making the evening even better was being there with four of my dearest friends in the world.

The videos below, taken by a concert goer I don't know, from the balcony at Skully's, can't do justice to the quality of the music or the sheer joy of being there. But here goes...


















No comments: