Sunday, January 29, 2017

Three from Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors...

...who I hadn't heard of until Saturday night, when one of his songs came up on Apple Play.

It's hard to describe Holcomb's style. There's blues, country, rock, and pop in the mix. But he sounds fresh, like he's blended all of this stuff in a unique way. He's a little bit of Jakob Dylan and the Wallflowers, some Andrew Gold, but totally himself.

I love his lyrics, brimming with immediacy and unaffected passion. A sampling:

"Someday, I will hold you in my arms
"Someday, you will know that I am the only one for you..."

"Oh, you fascinate me!
"Oh, I want you to confiscate me
"I can't get enough of you..."

"Love me like a heartbreak
"Love me like a thief
"Love me like you want to
"Come steal my history"

Wow!







[Blogger Mark Daniels is pastor of Living Water Lutheran Church in Centerville, Ohio.]


No comments: