Friday, September 08, 2017

The mysteries of God

My quiet time with God today answered some questions and raised even more to which I can't yet see any answers. Life with God is like that. If you ever get to the point when you think you've got God all figured out, you're probably playing God rather than following God.

Sometimes God is, as the late Rich Mullins said, "hard to get." There are mysteries about Him and life with Him that will endure as long as we live in this earth. Among the greatest of these mysteries is how He loves me and sticks with me and, most amazingly, understands me at precisely those moments when I feel most alone, isolated, and afraid. Even when I don't get God, He gets me. And that's tremendously comforting and empowering.

[Below is Mullins' demo of the song, Hard to Get. He was unable to go to the studio with the tune before he died. But I love the simplicity of this version.]



[Blogger Mark Daniels is pastor of Living Water Lutheran Church in Centerville, Ohio.]


No comments: