Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Not enough faith to be an atheist

A colleague of mine shared the quote cited below from Lee Strobel over on Facebook.

As a former atheist whose struggle against Christian faith led me to believe in Christ, I can identify with Strobel's thought processes as he engaged in a similar struggle.

In the end, as was true for Strobel, after considering the evidence, from the Scriptures, from reason, and from the sciences, I simply didn't have enough faith to be an atheist.

Strobel's quote:
To continue in atheism, I would need to believe that nothing produces everything, non-life produces life, randomness produces fine-tuning, chaos produces information, unconsciousness produces consciousness, and non-reason produces reason. I simply didn't have that much faith. 
[I'm the pastor of Living Water Lutheran Church in Centerville, Ohio.]

No comments: