Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Lifted Up!

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time." (1 Peter 5:6)
God is teaching me that as I submit myself to Him through Christ, He makes it possible for me to cast, not just my anxieties, but also my grief, hopes, sins, desires, pains, and ambitions on Him. He empowers me to live with confidence, peace, and hope.
Through the crucified and risen Jesus, all of this is daily happening to me, a common, garden (of Eden) variety sinner! I find that only one word, unfortunately, over-used these days for far less reason, that can describe all that Jesus is and does for us: AWESOME!
When I place my whole life under Jesus, He lifts me up to be and do more than I could ever ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20-21). That's truly awesome!
[I'm an ordinary guy. I serve as pastor of Living Water Lutheran Church in Centerville, Ohio.]

No comments: