In this era of iPods and MP3s, such lists may be rapidly losing their meaning, but Rob Asghar asks what 10 albums (presumably on CD) we'd like to take with us if, like Gilligan (and the skipper, too), we were stranded on an island. Here's my list:
1. Revolver: The Beatles
2. Blood on the Tracks: Bob Dylan
3. The Beautiful Letdown: Switchfoot
4. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb: U2
5. Tug of War: Paul McCartney
6. Driving Rain: Paul McCartney
7. All You Can't Leave Behind: U2
8. Abbey Road: The Beatles
9. Jesus Freak: dcTalk
10. 461 Ocean Boulevard: Eric Clapton
That's just the list for now. I'd better publish this post before I start thinking of other LPs I should add.
PS: I was tempted to include Dave Brubeck's 'Take Five,' Sting's 'Dream of the Blue Turtles,' and The Police's 'Synchronicty' in my list. But I was limited to ten.
Hey, wait! I think I'll ask the Skipper and Maryanne if I can include a few of my choices among their ten-CD allotment. I bet they wouldn't mind; they don't seem too musical.