Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday: That Means Sports...and a Wedding

Did anybody catch any of last night's baseball games? It's amazing to me that in the National League, seven teams were still in contention for playoff spots going into Friday evening. When Major League Baseball initially adopted the NFL-like wildcard playoff system, with the top second-place team playing in the post-season, I didn't like it. But I've come to love it!

Several things about the playoff picture were clarified last night. But if you go to Major League Baseball's web site, you can read all about it. (For years, I've thought that the MLB site, along with that of BBC News, is the best on the web.)

I watched the baseball games available through my cable service with a remote in hand, switching to the South Florida-West Virginia football game. USF proved to me that they're the real deal.

It's a sunny Autumn morning here, 48-degrees. I think that I'll take a walk soon. I want to get some things done before presiding a wedding late this afternoon.

Go, Buckeyes!

No comments: