Sunday, January 04, 2009

From Rich Bordner, on marriage...

I don't know much about what else this Better Living commenter says over on his blog. But I love the post from which these lines are taken:
...There is no such thing as "the one." Whoever you marry...well, s/he becomes "the one" when you say "I do."

"Well, maybe I didn't marry 'the one.' Maybe I married the wrong person and my soul mate is still out there."

Nope....sorry Sparky. She became your "soul mate" at the altar. You'd better take your man pill and stop sniveling about your "real soul mate" still out there.
My late Uncle Carl gave me similar advice when I was in my teens. I think that he was right. Go to Rich's blog and read the whole thing.

You also might be interested in checking out some posts I've written here on related topics:
It's Time to Dethrone Romance
Thoughts from Valentine's Day, 2006
God and Our Sex
The Deep Descent to Coarseness
How Will I Know?

No comments: