Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It Might Be a Good Addition to Your Library

Those who have been participating in our 'Read the Bible in a Year' discussion groups know how much I value the Eerdmans Handbook to the Bible, an informative reference book for anyone wanting to read and understand the Bible. You also know that the book is out of print.

But just yesterday, I learned about a new and similar reference book that's been put out by the same publishers. It's called The Eerdmans Companion to the Bible. I haven't read it. But I am familiar with the editors, New Testament scholars I admire. I also know that Eerdmans, the publishers, do a great job with reference works of this kind.

Amazon offers the book for just a little over half the publisher's list price. Through Amazon, it's $20.62, instead of $40.00. Just a thought.

No comments: